Golf Magic includes a Tier 3 web services GOLFLink accredited interface, to process handicapping according to the requirements of Golf Australia’s handicapping rules, including the 2014 changes.
Via the GOLFLink interface, Golf Magic allows the user to:
- download new courses and member handicaps
- upload competition results to GOLFLink
- add new playing members and assign them a golflink number, or transfer members from other clubs
- enter first cards and get a member's initial handicap
- Look up visitor details & handicap from their Golflink number
- Enter adhoc scores for members
- update Golflink with changed member contact detail
Important announcement – Golf Magic support beyond the retirement of GolfLink
In 2023 Golf Australia announced that they plan to retire the existing GolfLink system, and replace it with a new “GA Digital Handicapping Platform".
Thyme Software are pleased to announce that we are one of a small select group of the current GolfLink Tier 3 software providers that have fully committed to provide complete integration with, and support for, the new platform when it is released in April 2024.
The software development towards support of the new handicapping platform is already well underway.
The change over from GolfLink to the new platform will occur seamlessly within the Golf Magic software, and most of the processes you currently use to manage golf competitions will remain unchanged. The change to the new handicapping platform should have minimal impact on your daily processes.